Research Scholar at NTU HCI Lab, UC Berkeley Blockchain Lab / Lecturer / Technical Writer / Amateur Model
I am now in my fourth year at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), major in Computer Science, was a visiting scholar at the University Of California, Berkeley - Blockchain X-Lab and now at the National Taiwan University (NTU)’s HCI Lab.
I discovered my passion for Blockchain and Distributed Consensus at the age of 19, quitted my position as a Data and AI Associate Consultant at Microsoft, and co-founded my company Turing Chain and TuringCerts. However, in late 2019, due to the interests within the founding team that could not align, I left my companies and resumed study, yet the start of the political protests in Hong Kong led me to return to my home country Taiwan. I am thus now a visiting student at NTU and has been a researcher in the HCI Lab under professor Cheng since early 2020. Driven by my growing interest in VR, I started my YouTube Channel VRemix_x in September 2020 and gained 6K subscribers and 11K monthly views within 1.5 months. In my free time, I write technical tutorials on my Medium blog with 4.6K subscribers worldwide to date.
Human-Computer Interaction, Distributed Consensus, Security Exploits
Google Scholar, Github, LinkedIn, Medium, YouTube, Online Course, Facebook, Instagram, CV
 Yao-Chieh Hu, Ting-Ting Lee, Dimitris Chatzopoulos, and Pan Hui. 2018. “Hierarchical interactions between Ethereum smart contracts across Testnets.” In CRYBLOCK’18: 1st Workshop on Cryptocurrencies and Blockchains for Distributed Systems, June 15, 2018, Munich, Germany. ACM, New York, NY, USA, 6 pages. Best Paper Award.
 Yao-Chieh Hu, Ting-Ting Lee, Dimitris Chatzopoulos, and Pan Hui. 2019. “Analyzing Smart Contract Interactions and Contract Level State Consensus,” In Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (WILEY) Journal, 2019.
 Yao-Chieh Hu, Ting-Ting Lee, and Chungsang Lam. 2019. “A Risk Redistribution Standard for Practical Cryptocurrency Payment,” in 2019 IEEE International Conference on Decentralized Applications and Infrastructures. DAPPCON 2019. Newark, USA, Apr. 2019.
HaptiCenter: A Distribution System for Sharing Haptic Devices in VR
- A system that stores, schedules, and distributes haptic devices to the right user at the right time for multiplayer virtual reality experiences.
Adaptive Virtual Agent in Mixed Reality
- An interactive virtual agent to improve the well-being of the user with low-cost and easy-to-obtain materials including a smartphone, a stand, a transparent plastic sheet, and a thin mirror attached to extend the phone’s front camera’s view.
- Awesome Security Tool List (147 Stars, 12 Fork)
- A list of security tools, websites, and softwares that I have used or recommend.
- BTC - ETH Cross Chain Atomic Swap (35 Stars, 18 Fork)
- A cross-chain atomic token swap environment built upon the ConsenSys Liquality’s chain abstraction layer.
- Winner of ETH San Francisco ConsenSys Sponsorship prize 2018 (Devpost, Youtube demo video).
- CryptoBeauty (33 Stars, 10 Fork)
- A blockchain collectible game on the TRON blockchain for the photographer and model industry.
- Best Paper / CryBlock’18, MobiSys, ACM / Munich, Germany / 2018
- Research Award / HKUST RTG Research Honor / Hong Kong, China /2018
- Top 10 finalist / Mr Armin and Mrs Lillian Kitchell HKUST UG Research Award / Hong Kong, China / 2018
- Scholarship - YUNEEC Outstanding Engineering Student Award / YUNEEC, 2 awardees/year / Hong Kong, China / 2018
- Scholarship - HK-TW Education Exchange Scholarship / HK & MC TW CHARITY FUND, 10 awardees/year / Hong Kong, China / 2018
- Hackathon - Sponsorship Prize - Cross Chain Atomic Swap / ETH San Francisco, ConsenSys / San Francisco, CA, USA / 2018
- Hackathon - Sponsorship Prize - VR Car racing based on real-time cryptocurrency market trend / NIFTYHack, Toshi & Decentraland / Hong Kong, China / 2018
- Hackathon - Third Place - OneStepToDoctor / HackJam / Hong Kong, China / 2016
- Top Writer in Investing, Technology / Medium / 2017
- 3rd Place / VXCTF Cybersecurity Competition / Hong Kong, China / 2018
- 2nd Place / Seoul UpTown E-commerce Competition / Seoul, South Korea / 2017
- Winner of $100,000 Project Funding / Cyberport University Partnership Program / Hong Kong, China / 2018
- Gold Prize / FinTech Awards 2017 / Hong Kong, China / 2017
- Instructor at Introductory Blockchain Online Course (5 chapters, 47 units):
- The blockchain beginner’s online course with the most registered students (1400+) and in collaboration with multiple universities in Taiwan.
- Assistant Instructor at the IEEE Full-stack Blockchain Development Tutorial:
- A blockchain tutorial course co-located with five other IEEE conferences in 2019.
- Location: East Bay, San Francisco, California, USA
- Primary Instructor at the first Blockchain Minor-unit Course (2 days):
- Blockchain minor-unit course on smart contracts development / National Taipei University of Technology, Taipei
- Primary instructor at BlockAngel Class [Female only]
- Primary instructor at Hands-on Workshop on SparkAR
- A workshop on SparkAR at the University of Taipei, Tien-Mu Campus.
Open Source Contribution
Medium Profile (4.5K subscribers)
Writer of The Startup (684K subscribers), Hackernoon (487K subscribers), Noteworthy - The Journal Blog (81K subscribers), Marketing And Growth Hacking (62K subscribers), Code Like A Girl (42K subscribers), Coinmonks (21K subscribers), Taipei Ethereum Meetup, and Turing Chain Institute.
Entrepreneurship and Growth
- Technical Writer / Status.im / Remote / 2020/03 - 2020/07
- Co-Founder & CTO / Turing Chain Ltd. / Hong Kong, China / 2018/05 - 2020/02
- Chief Blockchain Researcher / SELFPICK Production / Taipei, Taiwan / 2018/11 - 2019/01
- Develop DApp and upgradable smart contract architecture to energize the first Movie Blockchain in East Asia (Self Token).
- Data and AI Associate Consultant / Microsoft / Hong Kong, Guangzhou, and Taiwan / 2018/06 – 2018/10
- Design Hierarchical Time Series models which predicts sales volume for P&G and Crystal Group on historical trend in R and Python.
- Blockchain Developer / Diginex / Hong Kong / 2018/01 – 2018/02
- Ensure product integrity through smart contract auditing on ICO crowd sales.
- Contribute to open source by publishing NPM modules.
- Embedded System Software Engineer / HKUST Robotics Team / Hong Kong / 2017/01 - 2017/07
- Design feature extraction and optimal path algorithms for micro services including intelligent robots and line following smart cars.
Community and Organization
- Founder of Turing Chain, TuringCerts, and Turing Chain Institute: Business Next (數位時代), MSN News, Anue, UC Berkeley SCET, Yahoo News - Technology, LINE TODAY, CBS Channel 8, KSNV, Las Vegas Now, Bitnance, DigiTimes, DigiTimes 2, 18Hall 拾捌堂, Yahoo News,台灣好新聞, 蕃新聞 Yam News, 今日頭條, 新浪財經頭條, lj1Media, KKNews, Medium
- Cover figure in Magazine: 0xMag (March 2019)
- Author of ERC860 standard: MIT Technology Review, DeepTech 深科技, 數位時代 BUSINESS NEXT, BlockTempo 動趨動區, 騰訊網, Amazon, ET Net, SINA 財經頭條, Mark BTC, BB Foot, 0x1 Academy, SelfToken, 中國播報網, WDZJ, PHB Top, Time Tio, Style Gril, 微力無邊, You Jun Jie, INSIDE, Ifeng, 頭條科技, 壹讀, Campus Up, BTB8, 幣乎, Chain One BBS, Blackbird.AI, Bookshelfs, BTB8, State of the DApps
- Author of ERC1586 standard: Week In Ethereum News
- Startup VC Pitch and Visits at Seoul: Naver
- Magazines: 0xmag
- CryptoBeauty: BlockTempo, Medium, 每日頭條, 慢錢頭條, 比特幣小白, Panda
- 0x1 Academy: PTT, HKUST Tech Club, Blocktimes, Chain News, Matters, Bunny Pub, Crypto What Now
- Taipei Ethereum Meetup: 區塊文摘, Taipei Ethereum Meetup
- Modeling Arts: 提姆正妹, 提姆正妹 FB, 每日正妹, Fun 一下, KOMICA, COCO01, COCO0HK, 冰楓論壇, 笑彈俱樂部, Tao Movie, 0zdm, JKF